SOC 2 Audits – Charlotte (NC)
SOC 2 Examinations
Charlotte and North Carolina business owners need to ensure sensitive data is protected, especially when it comes to the financial and personal identification information (e.g. social security numbers) of customers and clients. Ensuring there are robust internal controls and cybersecurity policies and practices in place to protect against a breach is essential. Increasingly, many clients and customers are asking their vendors for a Systems Organization Control (SOC 2) Audit Report as a condition for doing business with them, or, in the case of contract renewals, continuing these relationships. A SOC 2 Report is an opinion on the effectiveness and design of an organization’s internal controls that meet the AICPA Trust Services Criteria. In essence, it is a statement verifying the effectiveness of an organization’s risk management efforts to protect the information of its customers and clients.
Charlotte SOC 2 Audits
McKonly & Asbury provides SOC audits to companies in Charlotte and North Carolina and beyond. Typically, we work with organizations that use or store sensitive financial and personal data that cybercriminals want. Our clients include data centers, loan servicing companies, insurance companies, medical claims processors, payroll providers, and more. Broadly, any organization that provides services to customers that directly impact the customer’s financial statements would be a candidate for such a report. Service organizations should evaluate their needs along with their customers’ reporting needs prior to determining the type of SOC report that is applicable to their needs. There are two types of SOC 2 audits:
- SOC 2 Type I – A SOC 2 Type I report is an opinion on management’s description of a service organization’s system and the suitability of their design of controls that meet the AICPA’s Trust Service Criteria for Security. It can also address Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and/or Privacy, depending on the requirements of your customers. The report is made up of the auditor’s opinion, management’s assertion on the presentation and design of the controls, a description of the service organization’s systems and controls, and a listing of the organization’s controls. The SOC 2 Type I audit report differs from the SOC Type II in that the former covers ONLY the suitability of the design and addresses ONLY at one specific point in time.
- SOC 2 Type II – A SOC 2 Type II report is an opinion on management’s description of a service organization’s system and the suitability of the design and operating effectiveness of controls that meet the AICPA’s Trust Service Criteria for Security. Similar to a SOC 2 Type I, this report can also address Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and/or Privacy, depending on the requirements of your customers. A SOC 2 Type II audit report contains the same core components as a Type I, but Type II is expanded to include the procedures used by the auditor to test the stated controls and the results of such tests over a defined period, rather than a single point in time.
Map of Charlotte (NC)
About Charlotte (NC)
Charlotte is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and is the 15th most populous city in the United States. It is a major economic center in the southeastern United States, with a diverse range of industries and a growing population.
Here are some key facts about Charlotte:
- Economy: Charlotte is home to a number of major corporations, including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Duke Energy. The city’s economy is driven by finance, banking, and technology, among other industries.
- Education: Charlotte is home to several universities and colleges, including the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and Queens University of Charlotte.
- Sports: Charlotte is known for its sports teams, including the Charlotte Hornets (NBA), Carolina Panthers (NFL), and Charlotte Independence (USL).
- Culture: Charlotte is home to many museums, galleries, and cultural institutions, including the Mint Museum and the Levine Museum of the New South.
- Geography: Charlotte is located in the Piedmont region of North Carolina, and is surrounded by rolling hills and forests.
Overall, Charlotte is a dynamic and growing city with a lot to offer, from its thriving economy and diverse cultural scene to its beautiful natural surroundings.
McKonly & Asbury provides SOC 2 Audit services remotely to businesses in Charlotte from our Pennsylvania office locations. Interested in learning more about the SOC 2 audit services offered to companies in Charlotte and North Carolina. Complete the form below and we will follow up with you shortly.