Fraud and abuse is a widespread problem affecting practically every organization regardless of size, location, or industry. The typical organization loses 5% of its annual revenue to occupational fraud. The median loss caused by the occupational fraud cases in the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners 2020 Report to the Nations study was $125,000. Over 21% of these cases caused losses of at least $1 million.
Our team of forensic professionals includes Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs) with extensive skills and experience in the prevention, detection, and examination of fraud in various industries. CFEs can:
- Identify an organization’s vulnerability to fraud.
- Examine data and records to detect and trace fraudulent transactions.
- Interview personnel to obtain information.
- Write fraud examination reports, advise clients about findings, and testify at trial.
- Advise on improving fraud prevention and deterrence measures.
Maintaining this level of investigative experience in-house can be costly for any organization. Depending on the type of fraud, examinations can consume the valuable time of key finance and audit managers for days or weeks. McKonly & Asbury has the resources to help prevent, detect, or examine a fraud scheme.
Fraud Prevention & Fraud Detection Services
- Fraud Awareness Training for Managers and Employees
- Review of Existing Controls from an Anti-fraud Perspective
- Fraud Risk Assessments
- Data Mining for Red Flags
Fraud Examination Services
- Investigating Allegations of Fraud
- Interviewing Internal or External Suspects
- Litigation Support & Forensic Accounting
View all Advisory & Business Consulting Insights
I have always had a great experience dealing with McKonly & Asbury. Great service…I always tell people that your company is an example of how to run a great organization!!