“I learned a lot about what working in a firm is like, and I also gained a lot of experience and knowledge navigating different accounting software and programs. Most importantly though, I learned how to turn my book knowledge from class into practical knowledge that I can use going forward in my career.”
-2023 Busy Season Intern
Your internship experience will include the following:
- An understanding of the culture McKonly & Asbury is so proud of and the opportunity to become acclimated with working within a friendly, yet challenging, professional environment.
- Completion of audit, accounting, and tax training exercises (part of our orientation program for entry level staff accountants). This includes collaboration and review with a senior member of the firm.
- Real world experience by providing assistance to “live” audit teams through planning and performance of a variety of different audit procedures.
- Participation in engagement team meetings, both internal and with clients. External meetings will include the chance to interact with clients and gain experience in providing excellent client service.
- Other accounting-related projects and as needed support to the McKonly & Asbury professional team.
- Exposure to a wide variety of industry specialties. Examples include affordable housing, construction, healthcare, manufacturing, and nonprofit organizations.
- Participating in firm events and social outings to develop relationships with co-workers.
- A thorough evaluation of performance similar to that of an entry-level accountant. This evaluation includes valuable takeaways to improve your professional career.
- An assigned buddy who is available to answer any questions you may have.
*Please note that we always recruit for internships a year in advance.