McKonly & Asbury is pleased to announce our next webinar entitled “Cost Segregation and Tangible Property Repair Regulations.” This webinar will take place on Thursday, February 23, 2017.
Cost Segregation is a tax strategy that identifies and classifies building component costs for federal tax purposes. The primary goal of Cost Segregation is to identify all property-related costs that can be depreciated faster (typically over five, seven and 15 years) or written off as a retirement.
The Tangible Property “Repair” Regulations provide clarity on the treatment of building related repair and maintenance expense going forward.
This webinar covers potential tax planning strategies with practical examples. Participants will be better able to identify tax saving opportunities and be in compliance with these new regulations.
During this webinar, attendees can expect to learn about the following:
- Provide a general overview of Cost Segregation
- Understand changes and new requirements presented by the Final Tangible Property Repair and Disposition Regulations, especially in the context of the 2016 tax year
- Identify new opportunities to immediately deduct abandoned building components, avoid recapture tax, and expense demolition costs
- Determine when to capitalize and depreciate expenditures and when to treat them as immediately deductible repairs and maintenance expenses
- Learn how to identify qualifying projects
- Overview of tax savings opportunities and issues
Thursday, February 23 at 2 PM EST
This free, one hour-long webinar will take place on Thursday, February 23rd at 2:00 p.m. EST. One Tax CPE credit is available for this one hour-long webinar. The level for this CPE is Basic/Intermediate and the prerequisite for this CPE is a basic understanding of tax depreciation. This program is a live webinar which offers you the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the presenters.