Join Bridgeford Trust Company for a livestream event – Preserving Privacy and Asset Protection in a Transparent World – on Tuesday, December 6 at 1:00pm EST.
In the face of mandatory transparency and disclosure regimes, families from around the globe continue to seek out the best trust situs for privacy, asset protection, and favorable tax treatment. Ever-increasingly, domestic and international families – and their advisors – look to top-tier U.S. trust jurisdictions because of the power and sophistication of U.S. modern trust laws and the ability to maintain direction and control over important aspects of trust administration and decision-making.
During this presentation, David Warren, Co-Founder, and Chairman of Bridgeford Trust Company, will discuss a variety of timely topics related to privacy and asset protection in a transparent world – two concepts that still exist in light of the recently imposed regulations internationally, and soon to be domestic. This session will provide advisors working with clients and family offices with the tools they need to understand developments regarding modern trust law and the powerful planning opportunities available. David will specifically discuss:
- Information disclosure requirements, both domestically and internationally, with a discussion around the Corporate Transparency Act, FATCA, and CRS.
- The U.S. emergence as a privacy, asset protection, and tax haven for domestic and international families.
- The Pandora Papers and other massive international data breaches and their impact on government regulation as well as calls for greater urgency around transparency in the financial services industry.
- Modern trust law planning tools available to families and their advisors, including Directed Trusts, Trust Protector, Family Advisor, and Decanting.
- Whether advisors have a fiduciary duty to select proper trust situs in the planning process.
- A comparison of “top-tier” U.S. trust jurisdictions and the vital importance of selecting the proper trust jurisdiction under current statutory guidance and emerging case law.
In addition to the presentation, there will be ample time to submit questions for David to answer live after the presentation.
Register for this free livestream by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Melissa Roberson, Bridgeford’s Global Marketing and Digital Media Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McKonly & Asbury is able to offer an extension of trust and fiduciary services to our clients and friends of the firm through our partnership with Bridgeford Trust Company. As an independent, full-service trust company with South Dakota trust powers, Bridgeford Trust Company provides industry leading fiduciary services and progressive U.S. modern trust law solutions around asset protection, privacy, and tax planning to domestic and international families across the country and around the world.
You can learn more about Bridgeford Trust Company and the South Dakota Advantage at www.bridgefordtrust.com.